Sunday, October 30, 2011

#JoYeates : Landlord Criticises Police

Christopher Jefferies
Christopher Jefferies said he was very upset ast the media portrayal of him and his arrest and its aftermath were 'the most difficult time of my life'. Photograph: Tim Ireland/PA
 
The landlord arrested on suspicion of the murder of Jo Yeates has criticised police for wasting "time and attention" on him.

Former public school teacher Christopher Jefferies was held for three days by detectives investigating Yeates' murder.

In an interview with ITV news, Jefferies said: "A lot of their time and attention was taken up with me. It's absolutely clear that the focus should have been elsewhere."

Jefferies, who was landlord of both Yeates and Tabak and lived in the same building, said he felt "numb" on arrest, and then angry.

"I knew that I was innocent. I was required to go through these very protracted series of interviews during the course of three days.

"Whether they were making other inquiries at the same time or not, I don't know."

Jefferies said he was very upset at the way sections of the media portrayed him. "This was an entirely foreign personality that was being foisted on me," he said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/28/yeates-landlord-criticises-police?CMP=twt_gu