Friday, September 2, 2011

Mandy Beem has a dream and that dream is to be a singer, read Mandy's profile, listen to her amazing voice and follow her on Twitter...

Hiya !!

I am a girl from Stockholm who for ten years has chased a special dream - to become an artist. Singer. I have always performed, at children's parties, at home, school, etc. When the popular girls were Spice Girls at the community youth centre I - not quiet so popular - gathered my not so popular friends and did the Smurfs ...

In eighth grade I found out that the youth centre in my town had its weekly party on Valentine's Day so I called the owner of the place and asked him if I could perform, he said yes and I got to play two songs on stage. How Do I Live by LeAnn Rimes & Hero by Mariah Carey. During that week, I felt bad with the lack support from people who thought I wouldn’t make it. At home they told me not to sing Hero as they thought it would not sound good and I would make a fool out of my self.

Once in place Friday evening, 1700 people present, I had been preparing a bit before everyone arrived, but still ... I was nervous. A few hours later I saw the owner with the DJ on stage waving me up from the dance floor. All eyes were directed towards me and I felt the nerves shake even more - the weekend before they had had a music competition with five people who sung their own songs and the ‘cool boys’ ran up on stage, booed and screamed. And I was sure it would happen to me now. The only two who believed in me stood down by the stage, my best friend Isabelle and my little sister Matilda. I opened my mouth and sang, and my nerves turned into adrenaline when I saw that people appreciated what I did. Danced and sang along and waved little lighters. After How do I, I ran down from the stage completely overwhelmed by adrenaline. Isabelle ran after me and said "listen" - the audience shouted "one more time, one more time"! Then I got up again and sang Hero. From that moment I knew exactly what I wanted to do. http://www.powerpresskits.com/PPKs/indexC.aspx?PPK=9484